MULTIPLE GRADE 1 STAKES EVENTS HEADLINE FINAL NIGHT FOR 2020 REMINGTON PARK SEASON
OKLAHOMA CITY – May 27, 2020 – The final evening of racing for the 2020 American Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa Season at Remington Park has been compiled. A 12-race program will compose the Champions’ Night of competition as many of the seasonal divisional title winners, if not all of them, will be part of the program on Saturday, May 30.
The first race on Saturday night will take place at 5pm. The richest racing card of the season carries total purse money of $1,733,460 and boasts nine stakes events. A total of 113 horses entered to take part in the season closer.
The Heritage Place Futurity will be the grand finale of the season as the 12th and last race on the program. The Grade 1 event has a field of 10, determined by qualifying trials on May 8-9, at 350 yards. Aint She Tempting was a most impressive trial victor, crossing the finish 4-1/2 lengths ahead of her nearest competitor. She has been made the morning-line favorite at 6-5 odds by line-maker Jerry Shottenkirk.
Owned by the partnership of Levings Racing and Dunn Ranch, Aint She Tempting is trained by Monty Arrossa and will attempt to win her second futurity of the Remington Park season. A 2-year-old filly by Tempting Dash from the Corona Cartel mare Preslee The First, Aint She Tempting won the historic Oklahoma Futurity here on March 21.
The field for the Heritage Place Futurity, by post-position and program order, with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
- Contender: Eddie Willis, Justine Klaiber, 10-1
- Aint She Tempting: Monty Arrossa, James Flores, 6-5 (morning-line favorite)
- Coronados Lady: Jonathan Chavira, Daniel Torres, 20-1
- Dash For Blood: Lyle Wood, Stormy Smith, 30-1
- Coronados Chick: John Stinebaugh, Raul Valenzuela, 20-1
- Instygator: Jacobo Mejia, Ricky Ramirez, 9-2
- Shott Gun: Heath Taylor, Rodrigo Vallejo, 6-1
- HR Princess Jess: Eddie Willis, Jimmy Brooks, 8-1
- BPmysoutherndynasty: Dee Keener, Juan Pulido, 20-1
- Candy Blood: Guillermo Valdivia, Armando Ramirez, 8-1
The Heritage Place Futurity final will be worth $826,260. The overall program for the futurity was worth $1,022,260 this year, including the $100,000 Heritage Place Juvenile and trial purse contributions. The approximate post time for the Heritage Place Futurity is 10:08pm.
The Grade 1, $210,000 Debbie Schauf Remington Park Championship precedes the Heritage Place Futurity as race 11 on the program. Named in honor of the longtime executive director of the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association who passed in 2019, the Championship drew a field of 12 to go the classic 440-yard Quarter Horse distance.
Eagles Fly Higher, already a winner of the Sooner State Stakes and Eastex Stakes this season, has been tabbed as morning-line favorite for the Championship at 7-2 odds. A 4-year-old horse by One Famous Eagle from the First Down Dash mare Lone Bet, Eagles Fly Higher is owned by Darling Farms of Lamont, Okla. and is trained by Casey Black. Jockey Mario Delgado will keep the mount he has had throughout this season.
Apocalyptical Jess, the second morning-line competitor at 9-2 odds, will seek to score his first win of the season. The 2018 All American Futurity winner and triumphant in 2019 in the Remington Park Derby, Apocalyptical Jess finished second behind Dexxter in the Grade 1 Leo Stakes on May 2. Dexxter has been made the third-morning line choice at 4-1 odds.
The field for the Championship, an invitational race, by post-position and program order, with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
- Hes Limitless: John Stinebaugh, Benito Baca, 15-1
- Shockinglyfamous: Kasey Willis, Agustin Silva, 30-1
- EOS A Political Win: Monty Arrossa, Juan Pulido, 15-1
- Fenian Faith: Dee Keener, Raul Valenzuela, 20-1
- Hot Dam Bam A Lam: Trey Ellis, John Hamilton, 30-1
- Eagles Fly Higher: Casey Black, Mario Delgado, 7-2 (morning-line favorite)
- Apocalyptical Jess: Blane Wood, Ricky Ramirez, 9-2
- Dexxter: Monty Arrossa, James Flores, 4-1
- Danjer: Dean Frey, Cody Smith, 8-1
- Apollitical Pence: Monty Arrossa, Francisco Calderon, 12-1
- Mi Amor Secreto: Marcos Carrizales, Jose Alvarez, 6-1
- Valiant Tiberias: Wesley Giles, Alan Hernandez, 8-1
The Debbie Schauf Remington Park Championship is set to leave the starting gate at approximately 9:40pm. All times are Central.
The other seven stakes races on Saturday night:
Race 4: Grade 1, National Cowboy/Western Heritage Museum Stakes
Race 5: Easy Jet Stakes
Race 6: Grade 1, Speedhorse Graham Futurity
Race 7: Grade 2, Remington Park Distance Championship
Race 8: Heritage Place Juvenile
Race 9: Grade 1, Junos Request Stakes
Race 10: Grade 2, Heritage Place Derby
Remington Park concludes the 2020 American Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa Season this week with racing Thursday through Saturday, May 28-30. The first race is at 6pm on Thursday and Friday before a special final night start of 5pm on Saturday, May 30. All times are Central.
Tracked by more than 163,000 fans on Facebook and more than 10,400 Twitter followers, Remington Park has provided more than $242 Million to the State of Oklahoma general education fund since the opening of the casino in 2005. Located at the junction of Interstates 35 & 44, in the heart of the Oklahoma City Adventure District, Remington Park presents the 2020 American Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa Season through May 30. Visit remingtonpark.com for free racing selections for every program.