HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
- Yearly membership is $25.00 per person.
- Secure online payment options available
- Download membership form HERE
- OQHRA has served as a horsemen’s representative since 1997. In that capacity, the group performs the following jobs in its effort to best serve the interests of Oklahoma horsemen:
- Monitor purse accounts, simulcast agreements and Parimutuel distributions. Handling concerns and complaints from horsemen relating to the actual conduct of the live race meeting including stabling, track condition, facilities and much more. Working with racing secretaries, racetrack management and racing official regarding conditions, or other eligibility questions, enforcement, and compliance issues relating to licensees at the track.
- Administer at each track benevolent, medical, dental and financing assistance programs for backside workers and horsemen.
- Provide input to commission staff relative to the interests and concerns of horsemen regarding enforcement, growth and regulatory issues.
- Provide administrative support, leadership and financial assistance for the Horsemen's Track Committee at each track where OQHRA is the elected horsemen's representative. At each Oklahoma Racetrack the Horsemen's committee is comprised of participating owners and trainers to consider issues relative to racing at that track. OQHRA maintains a fully equipped and staffed office at Remington Park during the Quarter Horse/Mixed Meet and at Fair Meadows during the Mixed Meet to provide assistance and information for participating horsemen.
- Work closely with the track and the Parimutuel division of the State Auditor and Inspectors office to see that horsemen receive the maximum amount of money generated for purses during each race meeting.
- OQHRA has a support base of approximately 2000 members who are participating owners and trainers at Oklahoma meets where OQHRA is the elected horsemen’s representative. Additionally, there are approximately 400 annual supporting members and 200 lifetime members.
- Directors are elected to 3 year terms, staggered so one director is elected annually from each congressional district.
- Elected horsemen's official racetrack representative Inputs horsemen's concerns to racing commission Administers benevolent, medial etc assistance Monitors purses, simulcast agreements and parimutuel distributions. Promotes Quarter Horse racing with television, radio and print advertising campaigns Organizes and sponsors fund raisers for industry interests and outside charities.
ONLINE SECURE PAYMENTS
Secure Online Payment with No PayPal Account Required – Use Any Major Credit Card.
Call the office at 405-216-0440 if you would like to pay over the phone with your Credit Card.