Deadline December 1st
OKLAHOMA QUARTER HORSE RACING HALL OF FAME
Nomination Criteria for Induction
Person or Ranch or Business
- Nominee into the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Hall of Fame must have been outstanding over a period of years either as a breeder, competitor or contributor with the American Quarter Horse in the state of Oklahoma.
- Nominee should have been a Member of AQHA if his or her activities were during the existence of AQHA.
- Ideally the Nominee should have been a Member of the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association if his or her activities were during the existence of the association.
- Nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Nominee into the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Hall of Fame must have been outstanding for a period of years as a sire, dam, and/or competitor and/or must have brought exceptional visibility to the American Quarter Horse in the state of Oklahoma.
- Nominee must be registered with the American Quarter Horse Association.
- Nominee must be deceased.
- HOF Recognition will go to the horse’s last owner of record. In the event that the owner(s) and their heir(s) are deceased, last lessee of record or breeder or trainer would be considered to receive the award.
The Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Hall of Fame Selection Committee will annually review the nomination(s) submitted. The maximum number of annual inductees will be 6. The Selection Committee at their discretion may determine more or less inductees if the submissions warrant that determination.
- 1. A total of 2 people;
- 2. A total of 2 horses;
- 3. A total of 1 ranch or business;
- 4. Debbie Schauf Spirit Award
- Nominators should be aware that any submission of information is done so with the full understanding that the OQHRA HOF may use and reproduce any information provided without consideration.
- By submission of these materials, nominator and nominee release all rights for distribution of the information provided within to media and the general public.
- All material submitted will be considered permanent donations of the OQHRA Hall of Fame unless otherwise specified.
- Nomination will be kept on file for three (3) years if not selected for induction. After the three- year period, nomination must be resubmitted in its entirety to be reconsidered.
OKLAHOMA QUARTER HORSE RACING ASSOCIATION
PO Box 2907 * Edmond, OK 73083 405-216-0440 * Email OQHRA Office * www.oqhra.com