ESPECIALLY JESS DRAWS POST 2 FOR RICH REMINGTON PARK FUTURITY
Courtesy StallionESearch.com, written by Michael Cusortelli
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK—APRIL 15, 2021—Especially Jess, a homebred son of world champion Apollitical Jess racing for Mark and Annette McCloy, is one of 10 Oklahoma-bred 2-year-olds entered back in Saturday’s 330-yard, $926,500 Remington Park Futurity (RG1).
The second-fastest overall qualifier, Especially Jess made his career debut with a clear 3 3/4-length victory in the fourth of 10 trials on April 2, the first of two nights of trials. The sorrel colt is trained by Trey Wood.
Especially Jess drew post 2 and will be ridden by Jose A. Alvarez.
Mr Apollo Jess, the fastest overall qualifier, drew post 3 and will be ridden by Juan Pulido for owner Zitro Racing Corp. and trainer Kelly Heltzel. A sorrel Apollitical Jess colt, Mr Apollo Jess has won both of his starts, including the fourth of 10 trials on April 3, and he has earned $21,774.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- Trapper Jon (Jimmy D. Brooks), 10-1
- Especially Jess (Jose A. Alvarez), 9-5
- Mr Apollo Jess (Juan Pulido), 8-5
- AJs Tres Of Paint (James Flores), 20-1
- EM High Country (Rodrigo Vallejo), 20-1
- Nash Ridge (Rolando Raudales), 20-1
- Dreams Of The Heart (Raul Valenzuela), 20-1
- San Lorenzo Tay (Agustin Silva), 6-1
- Reimagine (Francisco Calderon), 15-1
- First Prize Dash 2 (Raul Ramirez Jr.), 20-1
All Remington Park races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.