Hair Testing NOTICE
February 10, 2020 — IMPORTANT: Monday, February 17, 2020: Is the last safe day to have your horses hair tested to be sure they are back in time to enter for races opening weekend. This includes the Oklahoma Futurity and Derby as well as the Paint Trials.
- There will be NO testing on February 18th or February 29th.
To make an appointment call (405) 881-5120 by noon the day prior to the day you wish to schedule. Some days are filling up, plan ahead and call for an appointment as soon as you know what day you will be wanting to come.
Testing days are Monday – Saturday 9am to 2pm.
Horses in the Oklahoma Futurity and Derby have already had their test paid for, all others will need $250 at time of collection.
We MUST have a copy of the horses papers FRONT and BACK!
Remington Park Hair Testing Information
- Link to calendar and below information
- ➥ HERE
⇢ To Schedule: (405) 881-5120
⇢ Location: Remington Park Stakes Barn (SW Corner of Barn Area) Cost: $250*
- ➥ Need to know:
- • Appointments are required!
- • Appointments must be made by noon the day prior.
- • Testing will be conducted Monday – Saturday 9am to noon. (subject to change)
- • What you need to make an appointment:
Horses complete and correct name.
Trainer name AND phone number.
Time and date for appointment.
- • What you need upon arrival for testing:
There are NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not have this you WILL be turned away.
Copy of registration papers. Front and Back.
made out to OQHRA Hair Testing, Credit
- Card or Cash.
If you are using a credit card over the phone, you need to have that information ready to present before you enter the barn with your horse.
Someone to hold the horse for veterinarian.
- • Tests are good for 45 days from the day they are pulled.
- • Allow 7-10 business days for test results. No horse will be allowed to enter before results come back.
- • OQHRA and the Remington Park Racing Office have no knowledge of test results. In case of a positive test, Remington Park Management will contact the trainer.
- • Special consideration will be made for horses needing to be tested in other jurisdictions. Contact the hair testing phone number for more info. (Offsite testing will have to be approved on a case by case basis and must be conducted by a veterinarian under the auspices of a state regulatory body (racing commission) or Department of Agriculture).
- Link to calendar ➥ HERE
- Calendar shows special testing days, days of no testing and each date with a (*) represents the “Good Through” date of tests pulled on that day.