Horseman’s Benevolent Program
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be licensed by OHRC for participation in the actual racing activities on the backside of an OK racetrack (example: Trainer, owner-trainer, owner, rider, exercise rider, groom, jockey agent, and backside track employees such as paddock judge, entry clerks, gate crew, etc. from the racetrack. Only dependents in the immediate family of an eligible ben- eficiary are eligible for consideration of benefits. All eligible beneficiaries MUST have participated in a live race meet during the current or immediate past year unless approved for an exception. Excep- tions may be considered and approved by the OQHRA board of directors. Horsemen opting out of OQHRA participation are not eligible for benefits during that meet. Horsemen submitting requests for reimbursement must submit original paid receipts for services.
NOTE: Preference will be given for those in need who cannot pay for them or would otherwise go without a nec- essary service. This service is not health insurance!! This program is a tool to help the horsemen’s representa- tive and the chaplain assist those who are in need. Please help us avoid abuse of this system so that funds will be available for those who need the help! *Some services are not automatically approved on an annual basis and may be subject to approval of treatment plan or doctors recommendation
- Requests for reimbursement with PAID RECEIPTS are requested within 90 days of service.
- Except in emergency situations, the total payment on all Applications for Aid shall not exceed the applicant’s annual individual limits set forth below.
- The OQHRA may increase these limits in emergency situations.
- These limits are subject to review by the Horsemen’s Benevolence Committee or OQHRA board.
- Applications for Aid not fully funded during a calendar year may be resubmitted between November 1st and December 15th, of the current year, for reconsideration based on funds available.
- ANNUAL LIMIT:
- (applies to multiple claims in a calendar year)
- Individual Maximum – $3,500.00 includes eyeglasses and dental
- Family Maximum – $4,000.00
- Death Benefit – up to $2000 .00 (unless approved for exception must be paid to service provider)
- APPLICATION LIMIT:
- Each Application for Aid for $ 1500.00 or less: FULL AMOUNT
- Each Application for Aid for more than $1,500.00:
- FIRST $1500.00 plus 50% of Remainder (rounded to nearest dollar) up to the maximum annual limit.
- Each Application for Aid for Eye Glasses: $350 *
- Each Application for Dental: NOT TO EXCEED $1,000.00
- Unless specific treatment plan is approved by OQHRA. Annual Cleaning is not covered in dental benefit.
- COMPLETED APPLICATIONS:
- OQHRA Benevolence Administrator: Phone (405) 216-0440 or Fax (405) 216-0770 | PO Box 2907 Edmond, OK 73083 or email OQHRA
- Fill Out Applications Form – Download PDF HERE
Oklahoma Disaster Relief Application for Disaster Relief
Fundraising efforts by the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association and the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma for equine related losses from the tornado are still underway.
If you know someone that needs assistance or if you were impacted by the storm and will let us help you with funding to replace your equipment, fences, barns, etc. we urge you to apply for assistance (CLICK HERE for Application!). Our benevolence committee will review information and document the losses and then make recommendations for payments.
If you would like to contribute to our efforts to help these victims rebuild their lives, you can donate in a variety of ways: Mail a check to OQHRA Benevolence c/o OQHRA P.O. Box 2907, Edmond, OK 73083 and mark it for Tornado relief. Call 405-216-0440 to make a donation with your credit or debit card.
Donations can also be made via – – CLICK HERE TO DONATE VIA PAYPAL!
Application for Disaster Relief Download PDF HERE