DALTS FANCY PISTOL POSTS TOP SATURDAY TIME AND IS FASTEST OVERRALL FOR THE REMINGTON PARK FUTURITY
OKLAHOMA CITY – April 5, 2020 – The majority of top qualifiers were from early trials on the card Saturday night for the restricted Grade 1, $891,900 Remington Park Futurity, until Dalts Fancy Pistol fired the shot heard round the track with an amazing win.
The 2-year-old filly had seen the fastest time of the night hold up from the first race when Jess is the Boss posted :16.738 for 330 yards. Then in the ninth race, Dalts Fancy Pistol said, “Hold my beer.”
The juvenile gray filly by Im a Fancy PYC, out of the Mr Eye Opener mare Dalts Pistol, left the starting gate like she’d been blasted from a cannon, stopping the timer in :16.576 over the fast track. Dalts Fancy Pistol, trained by Guillermo Valdivia, beat her trial field by 1-3/4 lengths for a speed index of 97. The second fastest of the evening was a 92. Rolando Raudales kept this filly in a straight line and knew immediately that he had no competition.
Raudales won last year’s biggest race at Remington Park, getting another Valdivia filly, Uptowne Babe, to the winner’s circle in the Grade 1, $1 million Heritage Place Futurity.
Owned and bred in Oklahoma by owners Larry Thompson and Don Anthony, Dalts Fancy Pistol had won her career debut against maidens at Remington Park on March 8 at 3-1 odds. She covered the 250 yards that night in :13.457 for a 73 speed index. She appears to be improving as she increased her winning speed index Saturday night in the trials by 24 points.
Here are the top five from Saturday night with jockey, trainer, owner, finishing time, speed index and number of trial:
1) Dalts Fancy Pistol, Rolando Raudales, Guillermo Valdivia, Larry Thompson and Don A. Anthony of Oklahoma City, :16.576, 97, trial nine.
2) Jess Is the Boss, Mario Delgado, Josue Ponce, Rolando Ortiz of Springdale, Ark., :16.738, 92, trial one.
3) Gael Force, Juan Pulido, Rex Brooks, Circle T. Ranch of Edinburg, Texas, :16.798, 90, trial one.
4) Jettz, James Flores, John Buchanan, Bobby D. Cox of Fort Worth, Texas, :16.805, 90, trial one.
5) One Incredible Hock, James Flores, Adrian Huitron, Maria Medrano and Hernan Medrano of Carrollton, Texas, 16.809, 90, trial two.
Here are the top five qualifiers from Friday night:
1) Eye Work for You, James Flores, Marco Carrizales, Jose E. Guzman, 16.663 seconds, 94, trial four.
2) First Lucy Lark, Jose Vega, Rex Brooks, Dustin Cox of Duncan, Okla., 16.696, 93, trial five.
3) Apollitical Gold, Justine Klaiber, Eddie Willis, Grant R. Cox Revocable Trust of Tulsa, Okla., 16.707, 93, trial five.
4) A Dash of Sign, James Flores, Mike Robbins, Reliance Ranches of Guthrie, Okla., 16.721, 93, trial one.
5) Dangerous Cartel, Gonzalo Gutierrez, Terry Underwood, Bill Underwood of Catoosa, Okla., 16.740, 92, trial four.
Racing is scheduled to resume Sunday, with no spectators, with a first post time of 1:30 p.m.-Central. The nine-race card will include five trials for 3-year-old Oklahoma-bred American Quarter Horses trying to qualify for the finals of the restricted Grade 2, $268,700 Remington Park Derby on Saturday, April 18. The trials will be held in races four-through-eight.
The first trial, race four, will include last year’s Grade 1, $3 million All American Futurity winner Mr Jess Jenkins. He was ridden to victory in last year’s biggest Quarter Horse race of the year by Remington Park two-time champion jockey James Flores, who retains the mount Sunday. This 3-year-old gelded son of Apollitical Jess, out of the Dashing Cleat mare Fetching Image, has been installed by Remington morning-line odds-maker Jerry Shottenkirk at 2-5 odds to win his trial. Mr Jess Jenkins is trained by Marcos Carrizales and owned by Jose E. Guzman and Rito Sosa of Blanchard, Okla. In six career starts, he has won three for earnings of $1,576,180.
Tracked by more than 163,000 fans on Facebook and more than 10,200 Twitter followers, Remington Park has provided more than $242 Million to the State of Oklahoma general education fund since the opening of the casino in 2005. Located at the junction of Interstates 35 & 44, in the heart of the Oklahoma City Adventure District, Remington Park presents the 2020 American Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa Season through May 30. For more information, reservations and group bookings please call 405-424-1000, 866-456-9880 or visit remingtonpark.com.