2023 Remington Park Hair Testing
Online Appointment and Payment Portal
OQHRA has created an easy way to schedule appointments and/or pay for hair testing! This is a digital way to make an appointment for up to 10 horses and make the payment online so that when you arrive for hair testing all the paperwork will be ready to go! You can schedule up to 10 horses at a time, you are required to pay at time of booking.
For trainers with owners needing to pay – Call/Text and schedule a time (405) 881-5120 and then send your owners the link along with the day/time you have an appointment. They do need to know when the appointment is and the horses name to be able to pay online.
Appointments are accepted up to 7 days out and must be made by noon the day prior! No Shows may incur a “no show" fee.
- Follow the link below…
- From Computer CLICK HERE
- From Phone CLICK HERE
2023 Remington Park Hair Testing Information
Text or Call (405) 881-5120
For Hair Testing Notifications and Reminders
text “RPHAIR22” to (405) 266-9219
Remington Park Stakes Barn (SW Corner of Barn Area)
Need to know:
- • Appointments are required!
- • Appointments must be made by noon the day prior.
- • Testing will be conducted Monday – Friday in Feb and then during the meet on Wednesday – Saturday. 9:00 am – 12:00 Noon.
See calendar for exact dates
- • What you need to make an appointment:
- o Horses complete and correct name.
- o Trainer name AND phone number.
(This number used to notify of positive test results)
- o Time and Date for appointment.
- o If paying with credit card over the phone, that needs to be provided at time of appointment. Do not wait until the horse has arrived!
- • What you need upon arrival for testing:
- o There are NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not have this you WILL be turned away.
- o Copy of registration papers. Front and Back.
- o Payment. Checks made out to OQHRA Hair Testing. Credit Card or Cash. If you are using a credit card over the phone, you need to provide information at the time you schedule. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE HORSE HAS ARRIVED.
- o Someone to hold the horse.
- • ******SPECIAL INFORMATION****** – Hair Testing – new for 2023 – A negative hair test is good for 90 days – no “rollover” or “overnight races only” exception. Plan accordingly to retest before the current test expires to be eligible to enter for races – negative test result must be returned before a horse can enter a race – must allow 10 business days for test results to be returned – no exceptions and no rush fees. Qualifiers for futurities and derbies will still have “Qualifier Testing” on a specific day for that specific race – see calendar.
- • Allow 7-10 business days for test results. No horse will be allowed to enter a race before results come back.
- • OQHRA and Remington Park Racing Office have no knowledge of test results. In case of a positive test, Remington Park Management will contact the trainer.
- • Special consideration will be made for horses needing to be tested in other jurisdictions. Contact the hair testing phone number for more info. Off-site testing will have to be approved on a case-by-case basis and must be conducted by a veterinarian under the auspices of a state regulatory body (racing commission) or Department of Agriculture.
The calendar and date chart attached are to help you keep track of good thru and safe dates. They are not a guarantee. It is trainer/owner responsibility to determine the best time to have a horse tested and to make the necessary arrangements. OQHRA makes every effort to contact the connections of horses nominated to any futurity or derby out of courtesy. It is your responsibility to know what races your horses will be running in and schedule an appointment accordingly. There will be no “Rush” samples, outside of stakes qualifiers.
Remington Park Hair Testing Information for Upcoming 2023 Season
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma- January 26, 2023 — It continues to be the goal of Remington Park and OQHRA to provide a race meeting of the highest quality and integrity. As a condition of entry, no horse will be allowed to enter a race at Remington Park unless results of a negative hair test have been provided to Remington Park prior to entry. All pre -entry hair testing will be facilitated by OQHRA. Pre-entry hair tests will be good for 90 days beginning the day after the sample is collected. All tests will expire after 90 days and horses must re -test to remain eligible, regardless of if the horse started in a race within those 90 days. In no event will a horse be eligible to enter a race unless a current negative hair test is on file at Remington Park in accordance with the conditions set forth in the condition book.
The Remington Park Racing Office nor OQHRA staff receive the results of hair testing. All test results submitted to Remington Park management will remain confidential. Any horse receiving a positive hair test will be unable to enter until a negative test is obtained, there is no penalty to the trainer.
To better serve horsemen, OQHRA will be setting up offsite testing days at Retama Park, Lone Star Park and Blue Ribbon Downs. The OQHRA testing crew will be available at each location one day, allowing horsemen the opportunity to get horses tested closer to where they are stabled/training. Horses needing t o be tested in other states do have the opportunity to have an offsite test done by a state veterinarian working under the auspices of a State Regulatory Agency.
Retama Park – Sunday, February 5th
Appointments should be made by 2/2/23 by calling (405) 881-5120. Cost of test – $275. These tests will expire on Sunday, May 7, 2023. Tattooer will be on site as well, appointments can be made by calling hair testing line.
Lone Star Park – Friday, February 24th
Please call ASAP to sign up for this date/location must have a minimum of 40 horses scheduled. (405) 881-5120. Cost of test – $275. These tests will expire on May 26, 2023
Tattooer will be on site as well, appointments can be made by calling hair testing line.
Blue Ribbon Downs – Friday, March 3rd
Appointments should be made by 3/1/2023 by calling (405) 881-5120. Cost of test – $225. These tests will expire June 2, 2023
Remington Park – February 8th first day.
Onsite testing during February will be conducted 9:00 – noon, Monday through Friday beginning Wednesday, February 8th. There will be no Hair Testing on Tuesday, February 14th or Friday, February 24th. Tests done in February will expire before the end of the meet. Please review the schedule and test/safe dates posted on OQHRA.com and plan accordingly. Onsite test cost $225.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, text/call the hair testing line at (405) 881-5120.
*When turning registration papers into racing office, please retain a copy of papers (front and back) for hair testing identification, if the horse is tattooed, the copy should include that information.